Linda Andersson Burnett och Hanna Hodacs: "Fashion and ethnography in eighteenth-century scholarly travel writing"
- Date: –16:00
- Location: Zoom (contact Paula Henrikson or Christina Kullberg for link)
- Organiser: The Department of Literature, The Department of Modern Languages, and Uppsala Travel Writing Seminar (RELS)
- Contact person: Paula Henrikson, Christina Kullberg
Uppsala Travel Writing Seminar (RELS)
Two speakers from the Department of History of Science and Ideas at Uppsala University discuss fashion and ethnography in eighteenth-century scholarly travel writing:
– Linda Andersson Burnett, "Undressing 'savagery': The colonial collecting and narrating of Indigenous clothes and jewelry in eighteenth-century Hudson's Bay"
– Hanna Hodacs, "Exploring fashion in provincial and cosmopolitan settings – travelling naturalists in the late eighteenth century"